Monday, October 15, 2007

Week 7 Picks Re-Cap(GOT IT-MISSED IT)

This parody in College Football is KILLING my picks, another 5-5 week for me, and I missed the upset special. Lou Holtz needs to stop making a pep talks because every single team he gives a pep talk to loses...last week he decided that the #1 team in the country needed one...WHY LOU WHY????

Oregon State at #2 Cal- I wish I could reserve the right to withdraw this pick if I knew Nate Longshore wasn't going to play...this is a very different Cal team with out him, nothing points this out more than the mental lapse their redshirt freshman back-up QB had where he ran to the center of the field when all Cal needed was a FG to tie the game and go into OT.... oh and Desean Jackson? Yea he had 25 total yards...MISSED IT

#1 LSU at #17 Kentucky- Lou Holtz you are killin me bro. LSU played a very solid game and it wasn’t for a lack of effort that they lost; Kentucky just seemed to want it more. Andre' Woodson, welcome back to the Heisman Race...MISSED IT

UCF at #5USF- Finally an easy game, USF did everything they needed to do in order to prove that they deserve to be in title consideration, they didn’t just go thru the motions and just get by UCF, they rolled them up, 64-12!...GOT IT

#18 Illinois at Iowa- Another disappointment, Illinois was ranked 5th in the nation in rushing and only managed 137 against the Hawkeyes. They had a huge TD called back because of an illegal formation and that really killed the Illini...MISSED IT

#22 Auburn at Arkansas- Not as high scoring as predicted but I will take what I can get, Auburn played some real tough defense and held the Razorbacks to a mere 67 yards rushing and former Heisman candidate Darren McFadden to only 43 yds on 17 carries, that’s only 2.5 yds a carry!...GOT IT

Colorado at Kansas St.- I thought the Buffs were for real, guess the Wildcats were the ones that were for real. They roll past the Buffs 47-20; they ran the ball all over Colorado racking up 249 on the ground...MISSED IT

Texas A&M at Texas Tech- The Red Raiders played some defense and so did the Aggies, who held Tech to a season low 35 points, too bad A&M could only manage 7, that made this one a laugher...GOT IT

#11 Missouri at #6 Oklahoma- I said I loved that 10 pt spread, and I was when the Tigers took the lead, but the Sooners are too strong and really are one of the best teams in the nation...GOT IT

#19 Wisconsin at Penn State- I said it wouldn’t be pretty and it wasn't, for the Badgers, they seemed to do everything wrong and Penn State did everything right. Lets hope that they can continue to show up and play like that for the rest of the year...GOT IT

*****UPSET SPECIAL*****
Purdue at Michigan- I thought Purdue's spread offense would give Michigan fits, instead Mike Hart gave the Boilermakers fits, running for 102 and 2 scores. This team could end up being the best in the Big Ten...if they beat OSU...MISSED IT

No comments: